iShip Services at UCLA
Convenient shipping of letters and small packages without a BruinBuy Purchase Order
iShip is a UPS application that can be used to ship letters and small packages via UPS without the need of a BruinBuy Purchase Order (PO). It is offered as an alternative to using FedEx in BruinBuy, though FedEx will still be available in BruinBuy. Similarly, other options are still available, such as UPS WorldShip, UPS CampusShip and UCLA Mail, Document & Distribution Services.
How iShip Works
With iShip, all you need is an FAU(s) for iShip in DACSS. The system will validate the FAU before the label can be printed. The FAU information is included in the electronic invoice file* from UPS, so each UPS invoice is charged directly to the associated FAU. You no longer need to pay the invoice with a BruinBuy PO.
- Log in to iShip
- Enter the shipment information
- Print the shipping label**
- Drop off the letter or package at any UPS drop-off box***
Benefits of Using iShip
- iShip is almost 25% less expensive than FedEx
- Streamlined, user-friendly process
- No BruinBuy PO required
- No BruinBuy training required
- Electronic invoices/payments sent directly to UCLA Accounts Payable each week
- PAN notice when invoice has been processed (see example of PAN notice)
Getting Started with iShip
Prerequisites: OASIS Logon ID and APSHP function in DACSS.
Register for iShip
After registering, to access iShip, click the Register button above.
Ordering Shipping Supplies
If shipping supplies are needed, please call (800) 877-1497 and provide account number Y1A490 and the shipping address for the items.
Information for dsas
Questions? Email the BruinBuy Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Packages can be up to 108 inches in length, up to 150 pounds and up to 165 inches in length and girth combined. These are maximums to be considered a 'small package'. Certain packages that meet the 'small package' criteria can be subject to Additional Handling, Large Package and other fees depending on the size and weight.
Yes, but you must specify "Other Packaging" as the Packaging Type and enter the package's dimensions. When choosing "Carrier Letter" or "Carrier Pack", the branded package must be used in order to receive the rate displayed in iShip.
The extra charge will be included in the displayed shipping cost, but will not be itemized.
Yes. However, if a department marks a package as "Carrier Letter" or "Carrier Pack" and does not use the UPS packaging, they will not receive the discounted iShip rates.
No, not for addresses associated with the main account number. Charges are incurred for addresses outside of campus not associated with the main account number.
To add a location to the pickup route, you must setup an account. You would receive a weekly bill but it would always be zero because the account would be tied to the contract, waiving any charges. For more information, please contact iShip Support.
Yes. You can call UPS or visit the UPS website to see pickup charges.
No, UPS does not ship letters and packages to PO Boxes.
Yes, you may freely ship international letters. If you need to ship an international package, please visit Mail, Document & Distribution Services.
- Non-letters (documents) are not covered for loss or damage protection.
- The value loaded onto a gift card is not covered for loss or damage protection.
- For packages, you are automatically covered for the first $100 of the shipment value.
- You can specify a declared value and purchase additional protection.
- Contact UPS for more specific information.