UCLA Campus Purchasing & Payables is implementing a new payment process in March 2019 for select vendor payments called Paymode-X. In partnership with Bottomline Technologies and BNY-Mellon, one of the UC’s key banks, UCLA will utilize this platform to assist in the transition from paper checks and UCLA electronic funds transfer payments to external electronic payments, improving efficiency and security with B2B payments.
Paymode-X will reach out to our current supplier base to facilitate their transition from our current payment methods to the new network. During this process, if suppliers have questions about Paymode-X, they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is also available from BNY-Mellon at (800) 331-0974, or by email at email@example.com.
UCLA is taking a proactive approach to protect the banking information of our suppliers to reduce the risk of fraud from supplier impersonation with electronic funds transfer and check payments. Recently, Higher Education institutions have been the targets of fraudulent activities that have resulted in large losses.
Paymode-X will provide the following benefits to UCLA’s suppliers in the Paymode-X network:
- Maintain and process supplier enrollments from paper to electronic fund transfers
- Ensure supplier banking information is legitimate and accurate
- Manage and secure suppliers banking information
Paymode-X will provide the supplier with:
- A portal dedicated to payment questions, data reporting capabilities, and payment tracking
- The option to receive remittance data in a variety of formats
- Security around their banking information, with the ability to change this information directly
We are excited to be able to provide an enhanced electronic payment experience to our suppliers in a secure and efficient manner.