UCLA’s electronic Pcard application streamlines the application process by eliminating the need for wet signatures and increasing transparency.
This page tells you everything you need to know about applying.
Once all department signatures have been received, the application is automatically routed to the Pcard help desk for approval and processing. Once approved, processing takes approximately two to three weeks.
How to Apply
The application is accessed via SSO and requires three signatures before it can be processed:
- Part 1: Signer Information
This is where the applicant enters their details as well as those of their signers. It is broken down into four segments:
• Applicant: This is the individual who will be the cardholder. The applicant's name and email address are auto-populated by SSO.
• Supervisor of Applicant: This individual will be reviewing the cardholder's transactions, as well as approving changes and updates to the account. They must be in a higher position than the applicant/future cardholder.
• Dean/CFO/CAO: This is the department's final approver. If the supervisor on the application is also the Dean/CFO/CAO, their information should be repeated here.
• Applicant-CC: These fields will auto-populate and ensure the applicant is notified when the form has been approved by the Pcard help desk.
- Part 2: Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure
Once the signature process is started, the applicant will receive the Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure notice (this may not be the case if the applicant has previously used DocuSign with their SSO account). After reading this information, the applicant should:
1. Check the I agree to use electronic records and signatures box.
2. Select the Continue button.
This will take the applicant to the actual Pcard application form.
- Part 3: Form Completion - Applicant Information Section
- The following fields are auto-populated with the applicant's UCPath data:
• Cardholder Name
• Employee ID (UCPath ID)
• UCLA ID (UID)
• Dept. Name
• Dept. Number
• Phone Number*
• UCLA Email Address*
* may not always auto-populate
The remaining highlighted fields must be manually completed before the applicant can sign both pages of the document.
- Part 3a: Form Completion - Applicant Information Shipping Address
- Accounts Payable is currently working in a remote environment – all cards will be shipped to the applicant/cardholder via USPS (for PO box deliveries) or UPS Signature. The address options are:
• Work Address: Must match the applicant's UCLA directory address OR be a central receiving location/sister location that is in-person 5 days a week and can sign for the package.
• Home Address: Must match the home address listed on the applicant's UCPath record.
- Part 4: Sign and Submit to Supervisor
- After signing both pages, the applicant should select the Finish button located at the top of the screen. This will route the application to the supervisor listed in Part 1.
- Part 1: Email Notification
- Once the applicant has completed and signed their portion of the application, the listed supervisor will receive an email notification requesting they review the document and enter the necessary information. They will need to select the email's Review Document button to proceed.
- Part 2: Form Completion - Credit Limits Section
- The highlighted fields will need to be manually filled by the supervisor. This includes:
• Supervisor details (UID, phone number)
• Purchasing limits
• The card's default FAU (this will only be used if the cardholder/preparer does not post the transaction to BruinBuy in a timely manner, delaying the creation of a PO)The default FAU must match the applicant's home department.
- Part 3: Sign and Submit to Dean/CFO/CAO
- After signing both pages, the supervisor should select the Finish button located at the top of the screen. This will route the application to the Dean/CFO/CAO listed by the applicant.
- Part 1: Email Notification
- Once the supervisor has completed and signed their portion of the application, the listed Dean/CFO/CAO will receive an email notification requesting they complete a final review of the document before it is routed for processing. They will need to select the email's Review Document button to proceed.
- Part 2: Sign and Submit to Pcard Help Desk
- After signing both pages of the document, the Dean/CFO/CAO should select the Finish button located at the top of the screen. This will route the application to the Pcard help desk for approval and processing.
- How can I track my application's signing progress?
- You can track your application's signatures via DocuSign:
1. Log into DocuSign using your official UCLA email address (this will prompt SSO).
2. Select the Manage tab at the top of the screen.
3. Select Waiting for Others under the Quick Views section found on the left side of the screen.
4. The application's signing status can be found in the Status column. Click the application for a more detailed breakdown.
- How can I track my application's processing progress?
- You can email the Pcard team for status updates.
- My application was rejected – what should I do?
- If your application is rejected by the Pcard help desk, you will receive a DocuSign email stating, "UCLA Pcard Program declined to sign." To identify the rejection reason:
1. Select the email's Review Document button.
2. Once the application is open, select the Other Actions tab in the top of the window.
3. Select View History.
4. The displayed Envelope History will include the rejection reason.
5. Complete a new electronic application with the updated/corrected information.