FlexWork at UCLA
Work from Home (WFH) Furniture Allowance for Remote Employees
UCLA has adopted the concept of FlexWork, which encourages departments to provide opportunities for employees to work remotely on a full-time or part-time basis if their job duties do not require onsite presence.
As part of this program, the Office of the Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer has developed a provision for a WFH furniture allowance* for employees who meet the eligibility criteria. Guidance for hospital and clinical operations will be issued separately by UCLA Health Human Resources.
In order to qualify for the allowance (which will be centrally funded by the campus), employees must complete and sign a DocuSign FlexWork Agreement confirming that they will be working remotely three or more days per week for at least one year.
Once the FlexWork Agreement has been signed by the eligible employee, their Supervisor and the Department Head, it will be routed to a central email by way of DocuSign. If you do not have DocuSign access, request access by emailing email@example.com. For assistance with DocuSign questions reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the FlexWork Agreement is received in the central email, the following events will occur:
- Your email address will be sent to UCLA’s contracted vendor, Steelcase, Inc. Currently, emails will be sent to Steelcase every Wednesday.
- Steelcase will then send you an email with Login instructions to a Steelcase portal where you may place your individual WFH furniture order for one (1) height adjustable desk and one (1) task chair, with a total amount not to exceed $1,400.00 (tax and installation included). Ensure you check your spam folder for this email. DO NOT create an account with Steelcase until you have been pre-registered.
- Please adhere to the delivery and installation schedule as storage fees may apply if there is a delay caused by faculty or staff.
- If your orders have different shipping dates, the later date will apply as items are consolidated, then shipped.
- If you have selected professional installation, it takes a few extra days for the Steelcase network of installers to receive the items and contact you to schedule a delivery time.
- Like many companies, Steelcase and its shipping partner FedEx are experiencing unprecedented supply disruptions. Please be patient as they strive to update lead times and escalate delayed packages.
Reference Sources for Ordering Furniture
- Link to ordering guidelines at store.steelcase.com: Quick Start & Reference Guide
- Link to: Furniture Leadtime
Note that technology equipment* is not part of this furniture allowance provision. For technology equipment details, go to: UCLA Security Recommendations for Remote Work
Return of WFH Furniture to UCLA
*Any WFH furniture and technology equipment provided by UCLA remains the property of the University, and must be returned to UCLA upon separation or transfer. See Request to Return Office Equipment for instructions.
For questions related to the FlexWork Furniture Allowance, please email: email@example.com