Small Business Office
In our support of small businesses, UCLA Campus Purchasing encourages you to read the Vendor Guide and obtain all certifications prior to applying to UCLA. To get certified as a Small or Diverse business (ex. Woman Owned Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business), please refer to Information for Small Business Owners.
To register as a supplier with UCLA, please follow the steps for How to become a vendor with UCLA.
When we receive your documents, you will be added to the UCLA database of small and diverse businesses. You will be notified of upcoming opportunities on our Federal Contracts.
You will also be invited to introduce your goods and services to the entire campus at our annual Small Business Resource Fair, typically held in January.
(For UCLA Staff & Faculty Only - Logon ID/password required)
The goals and responsibilities of the UCLA Campus Purchasing Department are to:
- Achieve 25% small business utilization for overall annual contract dollars.
- Help small businesses do business with UCLA.
- Help departments ensure equal opportunity practices for the purchase of goods and services in accordance with University policy.
- Support UCLA's obligations as a federal contractor or subcontractor in doing business with small and disadvantaged businesses. This includes outreach activities that improve UCLA's access to qualified small businesses.
- Some of the small business services provided by the UCLA Campus Purchasing Department are to:
- Work with campus departments to develop small business subcontracting plans for federal contracts that exceed $700,000.
- Prepare and submit biannual small business subcontract reports to various federal agencies and annual small business utilization reports to state agencies and the UC Office of the President.
- Distribute a list of these businesses to campus administrators of small business subcontracting plans.
- Identify small businesses, including those owned by women, veterans, service-disabled veterans, the disadvantaged and small HUBZone businesses as potential suppliers of goods and services to UCLA.
- Build relationships with these businesses and encourage them to become certified with the Small Business Administration.
- Educate purchasing staff and the campus community about how to provide equal opportunity in business contracting.
- Act as liaison between the business community and Campus Purchasing.
- Participate in local trade fairs, training programs and outreach efforts sponsored by federal agencies to promote UCLA contact with small businesses.
Note: The University makes every effort to ensure that all persons, regardless of race, religion, gender, color, ethnicity and national origin have equal access to contracts and other business opportunities at UCLA.