Campus Purchasing Launches 'Intro to BruinBuy' E-Learning Course
UCLA Campus Purchasing & Payables and Corporate Financial Services (CFS) are pleased to announce the launch of a new e-learning course: Introduction to BruinBuy. This course is the online training required before attending in-person training.
With the release of this e-learning course, the in-person BruinBuy training course has been reduced from three days to two days. Upon successful completion of the online Introduction to BruinBuy course, users are eligible to register for the two-day, in-person training. The number of in-class training days will continue to be reduced as BruinBuy training is migrated to a completely online format.
Intended for new BruinBuy users responsible for creating purchase orders and/or approving requisitions in BruinBuy, this introductory course guides users through the process of a purchasing transaction, setting up an individual profile and establishing default values for time-saving order workflow.
Through online videos, trainees will learn:
- the individual roles and responsibilities of a Departmental Buyer
- where to find resources on the UCLA Purchasing website
- how to navigate the BruinBuy home page
- how to setup and manage the Profile/Ship To, Default Values and Favorite FAUs pages
- the life cycle of a Purchase Order (PO) in BruinBuy
- how to access valuable how-to documents and tutorials for using BruinBuy
To enroll in Introduction to BruinBuy, please visit finance.ucla.edu/e-learning. You will be required to input a valid, 9-digit University ID. In addition, you will need an active OASIS Logon ID and access to an FAU (DACSS AP730 function), granted by your DSA.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please let us know how we can improve the learning experience for future trainees.