You can find out whether an invoice has been placed on hold (H) or incomplete (I) status in one of two ways:
- Check the H & I Invoice Status Report on BruinBuy.
- Review your queue messages in BruinBuy (see related information in BruinBuy User Guide Chapter 12).
Both methods of viewing and responding to invoices on H & I status are described below. See Invoice and Purchase Order Troubleshooting for more information on a partial list of possible hold reasons.
How to Access the BruinBuy H & I Invoice Status Report
You can locate invoices that have been placed on H or I status by viewing the BruinBuy H & I Invoice Status Report. In order to access the report, you must have an OASIS logon ID (see Getting an IT Services or QDB Logon ID) and follow the steps listed below:
- Log on to BruinBuy (see Related Information).
- Under the Queries & Reports box, click on Web Reports.
- Click on H & I Invoice Status.
- Enter the criteria required to retrieve the H & I data (such as the department Financial System or FS code). Select the output type as "Web Reports." Selecting the Excel output type limits the output data to what is on the screen whereas the Web Report output allows the user to click on the various fields for additional information.
Perform one of the following actions based on the invoice status:
- For invoices on "H" status, perform receiving so the payment to the vendor can be processed.
- For invoices on "I" status, review the information in the report and take appropriate, corrective action.
How to View Queue Messages
Some invoice queue (QUE) messages are automatically generated by the system and others are generated by an Accounts Payable (AP) representative. Follow the steps below to view your queue messages:
- Log on to BruinBuy and click on Open Queue Items.
- Review your queue messages. The queue message provides a reference to the invoice and a brief summary of the problem.
Note: You may need to perform additional research on BruinBuy screens such as INV and ORD to determine the details. These screens are described in Chapter 15 of the BruinBuy User Guide.
Once the invoice status has been resolved, the queue message should be deleted following one of the two conditions below:
- Queue messages from the system will be deleted automatically, after the invoice is paid.
- Queue messages from an AP representative will not be deleted automatically. After taking appropriate, corrective action, reply to the queue message to inform the AP representative who placed the invoice on "I" that processing can be completed for the invoice. See How to Locate the Correct AP Representative.