Order Class Codes for BruinBuy
Order class codes identify the transaction type within BruinBuy/PAC. They define who may process each transaction (campus departments, Campus Purchasing, or restricted departments) and affect how it is later reported. The order class code is part of the BruinBuy/PAC Order Number.
Generally, order classes N and V can be used for almost any product or service except travel. Other order class codes are restricted to specific uses, as indicated in the BruinBuy Order Class Codes chart
Note: Remember to check with campus departments that may provide the product or service you need using recharge before searching for an off-campus vendor.
The following procedure assumes that you have completed BruinBuy training. Please see the BruinBuy User Guide for complete information on:
- Setting up a user profile and defaults
- Establishing departmental "ship to" addresses for frequently-used vendors
- Requisition defaults and creating various types of orders
- Checking the status of orders
- Making changes to existing orders
- One-time payee requests and Special Requests (for ad hoc purchases)
- Generating reports using WebReports in BruinBuy
- Checking fund balances