Vendor Registration FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is PaymentWorks used for one-time payees and reimbursements?
- One-time payees and reimbursements have separate processes. To learn more:
• Review our One-Time Payee page
• Access our Reimbursement Request: Guidelines and Procedures document
- Is PaymentWorks just for onboarding new vendors?
No, PaymentWorks is also for existing vendors. You should invite an existing vendor if they want to make a change to their current information or need to be reactivated.
• New insurance certificate
• Updated remittance address
• Modified banking information
- Is PaymentWorks a secure method of collecting vendor information (e.g., PII, banking details, etc.)?
- Yes, PaymentWorks is secure and should be used to collect vendor information, including PII and banking details.
- Is there a fee for the vendor to register in PaymentWorks?
There is no cost to the vendor to use PaymentWorks.
- Can I register on behalf of the vendor?
- No, you cannot register or update information in PaymentWorks on behalf of the vendor. Additionally, you are only able to see whether a vendor has registered – you cannot view any of the details the vendor submitted to the system.
- After I initiate the invitation to the vendor, what happens next?
- You can log into PaymentWorks and track the progress of the vendor onboarding. Check out our Tracking Onboarding training materials for additional information!
- Can the vendor start their registration, “save and exit,” and then log into PaymentWorks later to complete their registration?
- Yes, the vendor can start their registration, save their progress, and then exit. The vendor cannot submit their registration until all required information is provided.
- How long will it take to set up a vendor using PaymentWorks?
- The entire process typically takes two to four weeks.
- Can I see what the vendors see when they register in PaymentWorks?
Yes! Check out the Preview My Organization's Registration Form article for instructions.
Our U.S. Company and Foreign Individual PaymentWorks demos also provide insight into the vendor registration experience.
- What if my vendor cannot register via PaymentWorks?
- We understand that PaymentWorks may not be appropriate for every vendor. If you think your vendor qualifies for exception processing, follow our request process.
Troubleshooting & Help
- How does the vendor enter their International Bank Account Number (IBAN) in PaymentWorks?
- The International Bank Account Number (IBAN) in PaymentWorks article outlines how to enter this information.
- The vendor is not a U.S. citizen, but they are a Permanent Resident. What should they select for Country of Citizenship?
- Because this information is used for tax purposes, please have the vendor select United States.
- My vendor is receiving the error SSN Already in Use. What should they do?
- Please share the SSN Already in Use article with the vendor. This will walk them through the next steps.
- Can I cancel an invitation to a vendor?
- Our Vendor Registration Training page outlines what to do if a vendor invitation is no longer needed.